Dr. Jessica Winkles and Dr. Lucy Leibowitz are psychologists and work as consultants to patients and pediatricians in our practice. They will explore concerns that you and your pediatrician have and offer recommendations.
What Families Need to Know about Recent Measles Outbreak in Maryland
1. At this time, there is NOT a measles outbreak in our county. If this situation changes, we will provide updates as necessary. The recent outbreak affects those that live, work, or attend activities in Maryland zip codes 21208, 21209, and 21215. If this applies to your child, please contact our office.
2. Proper vaccination is ESSENTIAL to prevent further spread of measles in our community. We recommend routine vaccination with MMR vaccine (measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine) at the 12 month (dose 1) and 4 year (dose 2) well visits.
3. This routine schedule can be modified for individuals that might be at INCREASED risk of measles exposure (please contact our office if this applies to your child). This includes people who:
• Live, work, or attend activities in Maryland zip codes 21208, 21209, and 21215
• Are planning to travel to other areas with measles outbreaks (see list of outbreaks reported to CDC here: Measles Cases and Outbreaks), or
• Might have contact with visitors from areas with measles outbreaks
4. There is no universal recommendation for doing MMR vaccine ahead of the routine schedule at this time. However, if parents are concerned and would like to have their child vaccinated earlier than the routine schedule, this can be done. Parents can call our office to schedule for an immunization only visit.
5. If you are concerned that your child has symptoms of measles or has been exposed to someone with measles (see link for details: Measles Signs and Symptoms), please call our office and speak with one of our providers.
CHADIS surveys are integrated into our portal! Log on the portal to complete any screening surveys for your child’s well visits! The portal also offers access to your child’s immunization record, growth chart, and prescription list. It has the ability to send non urgent messages 24/7, request appointments, pay balances and more features to come!
For your first time signing into the portal:
1) Click on “Patient Portal” in the top right corner.
2) Create account.
3) Once this is done, you will be emailed a temporary password.
We need to be sure that we have the correct email address in our files in order for you to be connected to your account. Please call the office if you have any problems. Thanks for using our portal!
We would like our patients to know that we have lactation consultants in our office almost every day of the year. These services are provided by Mrs.’s Thistle, Bird, and Brodie. They are all credentialed by I.B.C.L.C. Because these women are nurse practitioners they can also do a complete physical examination of your infant. They even offer online lactation video visits.
For your friends and neighbors Mrs.’s Thistle and Bird offer private consultations. For more information please go to their website at thistlebirdlactation.com.
Dr. Klebanow & Associates
8821 Columbia 100 Parkway
Columbia, Maryland 21045